Rosemary Water has plenty of benefits for your hair & scalp. It strengthens your hair allowing for length retention and hair growth. Also, if you have color treated hair (or gray hair) the Rosemary has the effect to darken the hair.
1. Boil 2-3 Rosemary bunches and 2-3 Mint leaves (mint is optional) in a pot of water. (you can purchase fresh herbs from your local Kroger, Meijer, HEB or Wholefoods store)
2. Let it boil until it has reached a dark red/brownish color
3. Let it cool down. Pour your Rosemary water into a spray bottle (don't forget to strain your herbs)
4. Now this 4th step is completely optional but if you really want to increase the effectiveness of your Rosemary Water then you may want to keep reading....
***MAJOR TIP: Add a few drops of Peppermint, Tea Tree essential oil into your spray bottle. Shake well. Actually, shake well every time you go to use it, being that oils and water never mix.
OK moving along....
How To Use Rosemary Water:
1. A DAILY REFRESHER: Spray your hair and scalp everyday to add moisture and manageability to your hair.
2. MAINTENANCE: If you have your hair in a protective style, like box braids, feed-ins or faux locs, you may want to spray Rosemary water on your hair and scalp daily. Doing so will keep dry scalp and flakes away. It will keep your natural hair moisturized and stop the synthetic weave from drying your hair out.
3.DEEP CONDITION: Part your hair into sections. Saturate each section with the Rosemary water and then apply HONEY WHIP deep conditioner to each section and let it sit for 30 minutes or more. Be sure to rinse out.
I hope this DIY has helped you and your hair journey!